The four-day Sitecore 9.x Developer Foundations course will teach participants to become competent Sitecore developers. The course is very hands-on with exercises to reinforce the learning from discussion and slides.
Starting with a clean installation of Sitecore attendees will be guided through the necessary steps to create a working website from scratch using Visual Studio and Sitecore Rocks. The finished site is built using MVC and adheres to the principles of Helix, it is also versatile, scalable and ready to personalise.
- Introduction to Sitecore – learn how to use the Sitecore interfaces
- Getting started with Rocks – setup the Visual Studio plugin and learn some of the features
- Templates and Content – build a Helix compliant data schema using Sitecore Templates
- Prepare to Code – create a Visual Studio project and publish a site
- Create a Layout – build the site scaffolding using Razor views and bind it to Sitecore Templates
- Render Site Content – create static references and use them to display site content
- Work with Placeholders – learn how to build polymorphic presentation and bind to placeholders
- Work with Datasources – make components more reusable, dynamic and personalisation ready
- Build site Navigation – use controller renderings to build site navigation, menus and breadcrumb
- Complex Fields – use the Sitecore API to retrieve and display information
- Search – create buckets and use ContentSearch to work with large amounts of content
- Work with Caches – learn how to assess and tune Sitecore caches
- Use Security and Workflow – manage users and roles and apply workflow to content types